Hey everyone, there has been a bit of confusion due to the “overflow” wods and/or level 2 workouts. I apologize for not explaining it more thoroughly. First off, the class programming has more fitness than anyone needs in their whole lifetime. However, some people have some extra time and would like to do a bit extra after class. That’s where level 2 comes in. Level 2 is just some extra work for those that have the time and desire for more work and pain. Now Overflow is a bit different. Overflow is what we used to call “comp” training. The overflow program takes about 2 hours each day and is a ton of volume. If you choose to do overflow, you do not have the luxury of being in class and having an hour of hands on coaching. Who can do level 2 or Overflow? Anyone, regardless of your level or capability (and yes, it can be scaled). If you just feel like doing overflow one day, go for it. However, I don’t recommend picking and choosing parts of overflow to complete – if you commit to overflow, you must complete all parts of the workout for that day. Anyone can do it, but be aware that it’s a lot of volume for someone who just has an hour to fit it all in. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask me.
80 KB swings (55/35)
60 Push presses (45/35)
Lets get a head start on the new year.
What is the Fittest Loser challenge? It is a 30 day paleo challenge. You will be placed into teams of 2, the more you work together the greater your chances are of winning. The team with the most points will win.
The challenge begins Friday, November 13th and will end Sunday, December 13th.
Sign up by Wed. Nov. 11th.
WINNERS WILL RECEIVE:
1st place team:
* 3 Free Months of Membership each
* 1 Bag of Prognex each
2nd place team:
* 1 month each
* 1 bag of progenex each
3rd place team:
* $50.00 gift card each
Friday, Nov 13th we will announce the teams and be holding a kick off weigh in & workout;
40 Air squats
20 box jump overs (24″/20″)
You will repeat this workout at the end of the challenge to compare times.
Here are the rules:
– For each day of 100% paleo you will collect 1 point. The cleaner you eat the more points your team will accumulate.
– Any cheat meals will result in a deduction of 1 point.
– For a full week (Monday to Sunday) of 100% paleo you will receive 3 bonus points.
– We will be holding workouts for the fittest loser challenge every Sunday at 10am. Your team will collect 2 points per teammate by coming to the fittest loser team WODs.
– This facebook group will also be used as an accountability tool; as you must post a picture of breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day (I recommend the pic stitch app) for which you will receive 1 point per day for doing.
– Not posting for the day will result in a deduction of 1 point.
– At the end of the challenge you will collect 2 points for every pound lost.
We will also be using this facebook page for support and recipe ideas you may have and would like to share.
516 Paleo Guidelines for Fittest Loser Challenge:
Meats (beef, lamb, ham, turkey elk,bison, bacon etc.)
Fruits and veggies (no beans, peas, lentils, corn, soy, or white potatoes)
Nuts and seeds (no peanuts)
Healthful oils (Olive, walnut, flaxseed,macadamia, avocado, coconut)
Franks red hot (put that shit on everything)
maple syrup (100% maple)
– No candy, soda, or artificial ingredients of any kind.
-No breads, pastas, or grains of any kind (No oatmeal, wheat/whole wheat, rice, oats, bagels, tortillas, or cereals.)
– No added sugar (natural or artificial)
– No milk, almond milk, cheese, cream, yogurt, ice cream, butter or margarine
– NO ALCOHOL!!